We're now open Saturdays, 9AM - 3PM

About Us

A Smile Can Change Life

News & Media

home / about us / news & media

List of Articles

Deck your smile in style in 2018!

• Dec 11, 2017

A new year is almost here, and what better way to celebrate than with Free initial Invisalign® Exam ($350 Value) Plus $1,000 OFF full Invisalign® or $1,000 OFF Invisalign® Light at any of our five Johnson Family Dental locations. ---->FREE Initial exam, digital x-rays and second opinion ($350 value) <---- ---->$1,000 OFF Full Invisalign® or $1,000 OFF Invisalign® Light <----- -------------------------->TOTAL SAVINGS $1,350<--------------------------- Don’t wait too long! Schedule your FREE Invisalign Consultation by December 31st to receive $1,000 off your Invisalign®. CALL TODAY at 805-259-4717
Read more

Exciting NEWS! Johnson Family Dental welcomed their fifth location on the Central Coast!

• Dec 06, 2017

We have very exciting news to share. Johnson Family Dental welcomed their fifth location on the Central Coast, Port Hueneme, on December 1, 2017! The New Port Hueneme location is located at: 305 East Port Hueneme Rd, Port Hueneme, Ca 93041. Johnson Family Dental is a growing group dental practice with five convenient locations in Central California. The group provides comprehensive general and specialty dental care plus orthodontics to residents of Santa Barbara, Solvang, Ventura, Camarillo and now Port Hueneme. Founded in 1963, Dr. Steven Johnson purchased the practice from his father in 2001 and has rapidly expanded by adding new locations and services. “Johnson Family Dental, in partnership with Smile Brands, is expanding to provide greater access to high-quality, affordable dental care throughout the Central Coast area,” stated Dr. Steve Johnson. “We see big opportunity in the growing Port Hueneme community and are thrilled to be able to offer residents full service care at this location.” To schedule a FREE New patient Consultation at our NEW Port Hueneme location, please call; 805-824-0047
Read more

Black Friday Specials! All December LONG!!

• Nov 22, 2017

Black Friday Specials start TODAY! Come into any of our Johnson Family Dental locations with one of the Black Friday coupons & SAVE BIG until December 31st! Black Friday Specials: (Save until December 31st) $895 Crown Special $1,095 Dental Implant Special $2,999 Invisalign Special (See details below) Call us today at 805-259-4717 to schedule your next appointment.
Read more

THANKSGIVING DENTAL CARE TIPS

• Nov 21, 2017

The holidays are all about kicking back, spending time with friends and family, and enjoying a great meal. Between football games and classic movies, family members bustle around the kitchen preparing all kinds of goodies. But what is that Thanksgiving meal doing to your smile? Below you will find information on how to prevent holiday-related dental problems. Thanksgiving: Great for Families, Bad for Teeth Don’t let your Thanksgiving dinner hurt your smile. Here are some of the biggest Thanksgiving day offenders. Hard Foods Harder foods, such as bones, toasted breads, and nuts are notorious for causing dental damage. Avoid hard foods like baguettes, burned items, or hard candies—even if you are only trying to partake to be polite. Hard foods can damage fillings or dental work, or even cause dental fractures that could leave you sidelined with a serious dental injury. Starchy Foods Believe it or not, starchy foods like pies, rolls, and stuffing can be just as damaging as other dental villains. Because the oral bacteria that live in your mouth feed off of simple starches, eating starchy foods throughout the day will cause your teeth to accumulate more plaque and tartar than they would normally. Heavily Pigmented Foods Mo...
Read more

Johnson Family Dental Gives Back for the 10th Year in a row!

• Nov 15, 2017

Santa Barbara County (November 15th, 2017)- Following their desire to support the community, Johnson Family dental has donated over 700 pounds of candy to Santa Barbara’s Unity Shoppe. The Unity Shoppe serves the Santa Barbara County as a safety-net for low-income families, their children, seniors and the disabled totaling 19,000 individuals annually. The company-wide initiative was spearheaded by Dr. Steven Johnson, owner of Johnson Family Dental, as he has been involved with the Cash for Candy program since its formation, 10 years ago. Each year, Dr. Steven Johnson has asked the community to donate their Halloween candy to Johnson Family Dental. This years’ event took place November 1st through November 8th at all of the four Johnson Family Dental locations. Children 12 and under received $2 for every pound of candy, up to $10. Donations were also given to local schools who donated bulk amounts of candy from their students. "It's great for me to see that there are children who are practicing preventive dentistry," Johnson says. "They are applying exactly what all the hygienists and other dentists are prescribing to the children in our area. And they are learning about giving back to our community. So really it is...
Read more

Review
What People Are Saying

Came in for a free consultation and also received a free x-ray. I was immediately accommodated and had 3 wisdom teeth extracted in the same visit. Very good service. I had minimal pain and no swelling. Very pleased with the results. Received good instruction on post-surgery care and a caring attitude by the staff.

George T.

Our family has been with Johnson Family Dental for several years now. We are extremely pleased with their services, especially given that our young boys have been introduced to visits to the dentist in a way that they look forward to. That helps alot! And their care for all of us has been superb. Need I say more? Thanks Johnson Family Dental! Oh, did I also mention that we use their Solvang and Santa Barbara locations? Equally fine!

John W.

I've been a patient at Johnson Family Dental for over a year, and this was my third visit, a routine cleaning. I arrived about 15 minutes early, and they were able to see me prior to my appointed time. The assistant took x-rays, Dr. Johnson--always friendly--did a quick exam, and the hygienist did a thorough yet gentle cleaning. The office was clean and bright, the staff was friendly and helpful, and I was on my way with clean teeth!

Greg D.

I am a new customer and was given an immediate appointment for tooth pain and had a root canal. From the very first interaction, every member of the staff were courteous, pleasant and caring. The care was excellent and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Constance W.

From the reception desk and beyond Johnson family dental makes me feel welcome and comfortable. They seem to understand how nerve wracking it is to go to the dentist even though it is normal to them. I appreciate being made to feel comfortable.

Kerri K.

A very nice place to have all your dental work done. After 17 years of going there that speaks for all my thoghts about Johnson Family Dental.

Heidi H.

This is the best dentist office I've ever been to, excellent location, friendly, clean, modern, quick and competent. In other words, the best.

Brian B.

Very professional and pleasant. Personnel that did the work were very competent and cheerful. Good experience.

Dennis L.

I went as a patient who had a terrible childhood experience and I discovered an amazing family at the Johnson Family Dental who truly treated me.

Dianne G.

I am a long-time customer of Johnson Family Dental - ever since my graduate school days - now living in Reno, Nevada. I still travel back to Santa Barbara, 1000+ miles, for the exceptional dental care I always receive at this fine practice.

Jordan H.